| Web Developer | Open Position |
Job Description > Looking for a self-driven, eager, and talented web developer to join our team. This position will initially involve support for working on a large-scale project with the potential to grow into a product for Firefly! Upon completion of the project, this position will involve supporting and expanding this project as needed, as well as assisting in other Firefly projects and client work.
Web Developer Position Requirements:
Firefly Marketing Solutions (formerly Firefly Digital) is currently seeking a Web Developer to support the growing demand for custom development services and join our team of creative problem solvers.
Firefly is a full-service marketing agency located in Downtown Lafayette with more than 20 years of experience developing custom applications. We have assembled a team of ambitious & creative strategists dedicated to perfecting our crafts and evolving with advancements in technology.
In this collaborative role, you will be responsible for creating & maintaining custom web and mobile applications. The ideal candidate is self-motivated problem-solver with a great work ethic and is eager to contribute throughout the process — from research & strategy to development, and customizations across the web and mobile platforms.
- Basic knowledge of web application development, object-oriented programming, and relational database systems, and version control tools like GIT
- Basic knowledge of server-side technologies: PHP, Laravel framework, MySQL
- Desire to expand knowledge & skillset with advancements in web & mobile technology
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related subject (Completed or In-Process)
- Write clean, well-designed code
- Develop, test, and deploy new features to facilitate project requirements
- Support and troubleshoot tickets from deployed implementations
- Contribute to all phases of the development life cycle
- Follow industry best practices
The position is a full time opening with part-time consideration given to Jr/Sr-level interns with at least 1 year of experience. Firefly offers competitive compensation based on experience, with excellent benefits, including health, vision, and dental insurance, paid holidays, and paid vacation.
References may be requested.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
How to Apply > To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted and scheduled for interviews over the next few weeks until the position is filled.